Haws TWBS.SHE Thermostatic Mixing Valve Lead Free Flows up to 74 GPM
Haws TWBS.SHE is a lead free thermostatic mixing valve that thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to supply a safe fluid supply for your emergency showers and emergency eyewash stations. The emergency valve contains a secondary high temperature limit valve to provide additional protection to the user in the event of main tempering valve malfunction.
Haws Emergency Mixing Valve
Haws Model TWBS.SHE, lead free Emergency Valve (patent pending), thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to provide a safe fluid supply for emergency shower and eyewash equipment. The valve contains a secondary high temperature limit valve to provide additional protection to the user in the event of main tempering valve malfunction. Additionally, to ensure a fail-safe water supply for emergency shower and eyewash stations, a series of cold water by-pass valves open in the event of hot water pressure loss. (No gauges supplied - ASSE 1071 standard recommends gauges be placed 5 to 8 feet (1.52 to 2.44 m) downstream for the most accurate temperature measurement.)
* A flow rate of 1 to 74 gpm (280 L) for better temperature control across the operating range
* Lowest internal pressure drop for this class of valve (advantage where supply pressure is low)
* Wax based thermostat technology for fast response time with proven highly reliable temperature control
* Highest Cold Water Bypass flow rate in the industry (68% of rated tepid flow rate)
* Modular low-lead brass design with internal check stops
* Oversized valve seats resist failures caused by foreign matter
* A new and efficient shuttle design eliminates valve binding
* A custom funnel design improves temperature control at low flow rates
* Outlet temperature is factory set to 85° F (29° C)
* Tempered water: High temperature limit is factory set to 87° F (30° C)
* 0.0 gpm cold water failure rate when tested according to ASSE 1071
* Cold water by-pass valves are closed during normal operation, regardless of flow rate
Listings: ASSE 1071, CSA B125.3, NSF/ANSI 61-section 8, California Health and Safety Code 116875 (AB 1953).
Buy America Act Information
The vast majority of Haws products qualify under the terms of the act.