Haws Thermostatic Mixing Valve Model TWBS.EWE is a lead free emergency valve with a flow rate of 1-12 GPM it thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to provide a safe fluid supply for emergency eyewash equipment. It also features a cold water bypass valve that opens in the event of hot water pressure loss.
Haws Emergency Valve
Model TWBS.EWE, lead-free Emergency Valve (patent pending) thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to provide a safe fluid supply for emergency eyewash equipment. The valve contains a secondary high temperature limit valve to provide additional protection to the user in the event of main tempering valve malfunction. Additionally, to ensure a fail-safe water supply for emergency shower and eyewash stations, a series of cold water by-pass valves open in the event of hot water pressure loss. (No gauges supplied - ASSE 1071 standard recommends gauges be placed 5 to 8 feet (1.52 to 2.44 m) downstream for the most accurate temperature measurement.)
* A flow rate of 1 to 12 gpm (3.8 to 45.4 L) for better temperature control across the operating range
* Lowest internal pressure drop for this class of valve (advantage where supply pressure is low)
* Wax based thermostat technology for fast response time with proven highly reliable temperature control
* Highest Cold Water Bypass flow rate in the industry (83% of rated tepid flow rate)
* Modular low-lead brass design with internal check stops
* Oversized valve seats resist failures caused by foreign matter
* A new and efficient shuttle design eliminates valve binding
* A custom funnel design improves temperature control at low flow rates
* Outlet temperature is factory set to 85° F (29° C)
* Tempered water: High temperature limit is factory set to 87° F (30° C)
* 0.0 gpm cold water failure rate when tested according to ASSE 1071
* Cold water by-pass valves are closed during normal operation, regardless of flow rate
Listings: ASSE 1071, CSA B125.3, NSF/ANSI 61-section 8, California Health and Safety Code 116875 (AB 1953).
Buy America Act Information
The vast majority of Haws products qualify under the terms of the act.